TOWN OF BOSCAWEN AGRICULTURAL COMMISSION
Rules of Procedure of the Boscawen Agricultural Commission
Order of Business, as applicable
A. Call to order by the Chair: State date and time.
B. Roll call by the Secretary.
C. Designate alternates to vote, if needed.
D. Read meeting protocol, if needed (See below).
E. Review the minutes, discuss, make corrections, if needed. Ask for motion to accept (as amended if changes are made), second, vote.
F. Public hearing if necessary as authorized by RSA 674:44-f IX. The Chair, or designee, manages this discussion and may change the order of the meeting.
- Invite the Presenter to join the Commission. Explain the meeting process, if necessary(Items 1- 4) to the Presenter and the public.
- Ask the Presenter to explain his/ her item.
- Open the public hearing. The order is:
- Abutters in favor of the item,
- Abutters opposed to the item,
- Public in favor of the item,
- Public opposed to the item,
- Any Town of Boscawen or other jurisdictional officials commenting in their official capacity. (Appearance must be endorsed by their Board, Committee or Commission.)
If necessary, move to the next item and start over at 1.
G. Old business: Discuss, motion, vote on each item.
- Close the public hearing.
- Any discussion or questions among the Commissioners
- If no further discussion, call for a motion, a second and then a vote (All in favor- any opposed)
H. New business: Discuss, motion, vote on each item. Discuss, motion, vote on each item.
I. Members comments, if any Communications or correspondence Other business to come before the Commission
J. Adjournment: motion, vote
Site Visit Protocol
Chair or designee informs Commissioners, Alternates and town staff of date, time and location of upcoming site visit.
On-site visits are considered public Commission meetings. On-site visits shall be conducted according to the following policies:
- The group shall stay together. Persons, who want to go to another part of the site, need permission of the chair and property owner, unless the group moves to that place.
- Persons can video record or take pictures of the matter before the Commission or of the attendees. Video and camera use can be restricted from items not related, or only tangentially related, to the matter before the Commission.
- The use of recording equipment shall be discussed when the site visit is scheduled. Audio recorders are permitted. The Commission can prohibit the use of video recorders and cameras where matters subject to RSA 91-A:3, II,(i) are present at the site. If the use of video recorders or cameras is to be restricted, the reasons and ground rules for such use shall be established when the site visit is scheduled.
- Items are to be evaluated in light of the applicable New Hampshire Department of Agriculture, Markets, and Food’s Manual of Best Management Practice Guidelines (BMPs) For Agriculture in New Hampshire. Site Visit official record is the Agricultural Commission Site Visit Public Meeting Minutes. Form attached.
- Chair or designee prepare and circulate a draft letter summarizing findings and recommendations to all Commissioners and Alternates for comment and input within 2 business days.
- Following the two-day comment/input period the Chair or designee prepare the Commission’s official response for the appropriate land use board.
- The official response may be an agenda item at the Commission’s upcoming meeting.
Meeting Protocol to be read before public hearings and site visits at the discretion of the Chair
In the interest of conducting an orderly meeting/visit/hearing that is fair to all, the Chair will read and enforce the following rules:
- Everyone is expected to display common courtesy and conduct themselves accordingly.
- The Commission will give everyone concerned a fair and impartial hearing. Everyone shall remain silent unless called upon. Those who fail to do so may be asked to leave. Cell phones must be turned off.
- The presenter shall address all testimony, comments and questions to the Commission. The presenter shall not address any questions or comments from the public.
- Everyone will be given a chance to speak, ask questions or offer opinion in order of the Rules of Procedure, with abutters first, the members of the general public next and town or state officials last. When the Chair opens the hearing, calling your category, please raise your hand and you will be recognized.
- When called upon, please state your name, address and state if you have any relationship with the presenter or are employed by the presenter.
- Please address your testimony, comments and questions to the Chair. There will be no direct exchange between the presenter and the audience. The Chair will determine if the questions posed will be conveyed to the presenter.
- We request anyone with an interest in the item before the Commission remain in the room until the final vote is taken. RSA 676:4 states that once a hearing is closed, and during deliberation, the Commission has a question of the presenter or staff, the hearing must be reopened. Thus, all concerned are given an opportunity to speak to the issues raised.
- When the gavel is struck, all conversation shall cease.
Amended by the Boscawen Agricultural Commission at a regularly scheduled meeting of the commission on October 13, 2011.
A signed and dated copy of this document is available at the following link:Rules of Procedure AgCom 01.11.12